- Copy editing
- Structural and stylistic editing
- Technical and academic editing
- Fact checking
- Manuscript evaluation
- Canadianization and Americanization
- Translation (Dutch to English)
Request an estimate
The editing processIn addition to the information provided for the estimate, I’ll also need:
- Your contact information.
- The entire document to be edited.
- A schedule for deliveries: when I will deliver the initial edit, when you will send back any revisions you’d like checked, and when I will send back the final edit.
- One clean copy of the document. This version will have all the changes incorporated in the text of the document and is ready to be printed out.
- One copy with the changes highlighted using the track changes feature. By displaying the changes, you can go through and view all of my changes and choose whether to accept or reject each one. You will also see my comments, which I use for questions or remarks about the text.
Document formats I accept
- MS Office
- OpenOffice or LibreOffice
- plain text (.txt)
- hard copy (paper)
How to payI accept personal cheques, money orders, bank transfers, Interac e-transfer, or PayPal payments. I ask for an extra fee to cover PayPal and bank transfer fees.
Security of your documentsUsually clients send me their documents by email, but if you need better security than that, I can use sFTP (secure FTP) or SSH to transfer your manuscript, or I can accept a file encrypted with GPG (GNU Privacy Guard). If you prefer another method, let me know and I can probably accommodate you. Your document will be edited on a computer running Mac OS X. This machine runs a firewall and does not normally run any external services (such as a web server or FTP server). I regularly apply security updates to this computer.
I don’t want to make a project late because of a hard drive crash or other failure, so I use version control and make regular on-site and off-site backups. To protect the confidentiality of your documents, my off-site backups are encrypted with GnuPG.